[CentOS] Re: tar spanning

Sun May 18 19:42:33 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 11:49 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
<snip>
> If you have a suitable server where you can park your IMAP folders you
> can get the best of everything by using fetchmail to grab mail via POP
> from gmail and deliver to your local IMAP folders.  This gives you a
> chance to filter with procmail on the way in and your email client(s)
> can manipulate the folders quickly.  If you configure gmail to 'archive'
> a copy as you download with POP, you can delete your local copy after
> reading it but still go back with gmail's web interface and find it with
> their excellent search facility later.

Les: Awhile ago, I spent a few minutes looking into SME Server. I may
Burn that to a CD and try to configure my backup firewall/router box
(now IPCop) as SME Server. SME Server seems to have a lot to offer, but
I did notice one comment here about Proprietary stuff. Hopefully, the
Proprietary stuff wouldn't be a problem for my use. Lanny