[CentOS] RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Mon May 26 18:06:45 UTC 2008
Linux <linuxlist at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 8:20 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> kernel" raid10 driver, which was being used with FC4.  What this has
> to do with CentOS 4 or 5 I don't know, since we are not up to the
> 2.6.20 kernel yet.

According to me, it also exists in CentOS 5 with kernel 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5

> "Linux," although this suggestion may be a little late, you might want
> to turn down the tone of your postings.  The core developers on the
> CentOS team don't usually take well to insults, profanity and so on.
> Unless you are a Linux kernel developer or a member of the
> aforementioned team, you might read and write with a small, 4 or 5 kg
> grain of salt....

I accept that "a**hole", "keep quiet" etc- although in case of humor-
were beyond the limits of respect, not only to anyone with a title
"core developer" "kernel developer" etc but also to probably any
person on this high level list, this can be assumed as an apology to
all audience...

As for this thread, here is my *diet* final quote: If I were you, I'd
think twice before using raid10 on current kernel (2.6.18-53.1.19.el5
seems to be my latest installed) because I have strong feelings that
it may break down after resync in some cases. At least, this is what I
had lived but I might be wrong, misspelled something, misread some
log, mistyped some commands, mixed with other distributions etc... Try
something else, raid5, 50, 60, anything you want, I have no idea on
them on centos.

Have a light day :)