[CentOS] Bind Help

Tue May 27 15:12:20 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>In those cases, typically you setup one file for each kind
>(only-in-view1.inc, only-in-view2.inc, in-both-views.inc) and then
>include them appropriately in each view's zone file. I don't think
>there is a way to stop processing after the first match, since BIND's
>"include" mechanism is actually like macro processing.
>
>HTH,
>Filipe

Filipe,
I am definitely not an authority on Bind, so I am little confused :)
I have two views, internal which matches local nets/local host. Its a recursive caching only server. The last view. external is no recursive and authoritive for one domain and is set to match external hosts only.

When I nslookup from inside the network, it seems it matches the first view and then stops, so the client cant lookup any info for the second views authoritive zone.

I wondered if I could include the "external" view in the first view, or I suppose I can simply copy the details from the second view into the first, but that forces me to keep it updated in two places...

Thanks!
jlc