[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 ?

Thu May 29 14:54:07 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
>>> Answer: When it's ready.
>> Suits me - I have a different question (and it's probably up somewhere
>> I don't have time to look at the moment - I'll check when I get to
>> work, but by then I'll have forgotten this question again).
>>
>> Does 5.2 have an updated release of GDE with it?
>>
>> Every so often, among other things, when I exit Evolution, it crashes,
>> but Bug Buddy says it can't report the bug because my GDE is too old.
>>
>> 5.0 came with GDE 2.16.0.  Gnome development is up to 2.23.1 (or later
>> - I lost track).
>>

> RHEL-5 will probably be 2.16 til its end of life.

This is generally true .. the minor kde or gnome version (that is the 5
in kde-3.5.4 or the 16 in gnome-2.16.0) has never changed in a the same
RHEL version in the past ...

HOWEVER, I have heard that RHEL-6 is a ways off and that RHEL 5.3 will
continue to have major changes, even more pronounced than those in 5.2,
so we will need to wait and see :D