[CentOS] Yum loses memory when kernel is upgraded

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:23:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Jussi Hirvi <greenspot at greenspot.fi> wrote:
> Jussi Hirvi (greenspot at greenspot.fi) kirjoitteli (4.11.2008 12:17):
>> Hm, my CentOS 5 is pretty recent, I believe 5.2, but cannot find this
>> stated... Hope this helps:
> Sorry, I just found that "5.2", as is apparent from my previous email. :-)

You (and your /etc/redhat-release) say 5.2, but your kernel says 5.1
(5.2 shipped with 2.6.18-92)

Also, you seem to have made several modifications to the yum
components of the centos-release package as well as other bits. What
did you change?  It's possible that these changes may be partly
responsible for your issue.

George Orwell