[CentOS] Closing a multi-session disk

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:38:56 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 18:33:31 Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >I'm not familiar with doing it this way, so could you be so kind as to
> > give me a complete command? I guess that I could work it out from the man
> > page, but it would take a lot of trial and error, and maybe getting
> > something wrong would be risky.
>
> Off the top of my head:
> $cdrecord -scanbus
> See what device your burner is (Mine is 0,2,0)...
> $cdrecord -fix dev=0,2,0

Well, it was worth a try.  It looked encouraging at first, but the output
ended with

Last chance to quit, starting real write in    0 seconds. Operation starts.
Errno: 5 (Input/output error), close track/session scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  5B 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 A5 00 00 72 03 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x72 Qual 0x03 (session fixation error - incomplete track in
session) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.004s timeout 480s
cmd finished after 0.004s timeout 480s