[CentOS] kickstart install on SAN with multipath

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Nov 14 23:06:51 UTC 2008

Using CentOS 5.1, though with a few hours work I could update
to 5.2.. I can install to SAN with a single path no problem
but I'd like to be able to use dm-multipath. From the kickstart
docs it seems this is supported but there is no information
as to what the various options mean

 multipath (optional)

    multipath --name= --device= --rule=

I have a multipath.conf which works fine when I install to local
disk, I'm not sure what I should put in the options above, perhaps
something like

multipath --name=mpath0 --device=sda --device=sdb --rule= ???

Done tons of searches and can't find anything. Any idea what
"rule" would map to in multipath.conf ? I've even installed the
anaconda package and grepped through the code and can't find
anything useful.