[CentOS] Video Card

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 02:56:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Mark Pryor <tlviewer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> the desired resolution should be 1280x1020 (19 inch). Your X config needs a modeline for that resolution.

Thanks, Mark, but the mode line was there.  Apparently there are two
problems (I finally got a clue in the xorg log file):

1.  The R913J (not R943J) digital mode seems not to be compatible with
the Nvidia drivers for some reason.

2.  I was using startx to test as I was used to doing in the old days.
 The log file mentioned lost contact with gdm so I entered "gdm"
instead of "startx" and got the desired resolution!

Now I have another problem: somehow in my putzing around the monitor
has taken on a blue hue both in the startup vga mode and the full-up
Nvidia X mode.  Any ideas about that?

I haven't done a hard reboot yet and hope that clears it up--but I'm
putting that off until tomorrow morning.

Regards,

-Tom