[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 26 17:55:25 UTC 2008

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> It doesn't make sense not to care about such things as they have real
> bearing on the viability of a product/project.  And customer
> satisfaction does mean something.   I do care about such things (they
> are not the ONLY things) and they are reasons *to use* Open Source and,
> particularly, CentOS.

I fail to see you logic, please elaborate on that. Why should I care
what 5 other people are running when I get a better bang for my buck
with a technology I use, costs less and provides me a means to
contribute back into the community pool.

> You use the VIC client, which does not require the VIC server but can
> connect directly to any ESX/ESXi host.  After you install ESXi you
> navigate to the box with a web browser and there is a link to download
> VIC directly from the host.

yes, but there is technology shortcomings there, it requires me to
invest in Windows as a base OS, which in turn means a lot of other legal
and vendor lock in issues.

Anyway, I think the point is made, Vmware is by far the most locked in
product out there, offers medium to low performance compared to other
similar products, however has a lower user ability threshold to get into.

- KB