[CentOS] iptables starts blocking outbound http traffic

Wed Nov 12 18:09:25 UTC 2008
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:44, Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the red herring.

No problem.

> I am now convinced the problem is not in the firewall.
> It must be somewhere in Apache, Tomcat, or my
> application code (Most likely).  I think I
> was seeing the firewall logs after I restarted
> Apache since the responses were rejected since they
> no longer were attached to an established connection.

Look into the number of busy httpd servers, that might be your problem
(and why it's not accepting any new connections). To do that you can
use a configured URL in Apache (I believe it is /server-status) or you
can at least estimate using "ps" and comparing with the settings for
maximum number of servers in your httpd.conf.

HTH,
Filipe