[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Wed Nov 26 18:01:46 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> ESXi, like all vmware products, is highly polished and very reliable.
> I am a HUGE fan of Xen, spent a lot of time learning it and I love it.
> But don't discount ESXi since it's not open source.

So very much off topic but I can't resist :)

I like vmware a lot because they have made good products and have
been a very long time supporter of linux. I have been using vmware
since before 1.0 back in 1999 or maybe late 1998 on linux. In 2003-2005
I used a bunch of VMWare GSX(again on linux), worked well, never let
me down. In 2007 I started using ESX 3, so far only used the foundation
version not the enterprise, but it's dirt cheap, $999 per 2 sockets,
the same exact software was $3750 per 2 sockets a little over a year
ago.

It's among the most solid pieces of software I've ever used myself.

nate