[CentOS] Flaky graphics - need help nailing down the cause

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:09:42 UTC 2008

SOLVED:

Thanks to all who piled in with their good advice.  I hooked up my old
(50lb) CRT and it showed the same display problems, so I figured it
was the video card.  Got lucky, found a replacement (the 7200GS) cheap
at our local Micro Center and all is now well again.

BTW, the "beta" driver I'm using is the one from rpmforge, and it is
now obsolete compared to the latest and greatest from nvidia (173.08-1
beta vs. 173.14.12), so I may put in a request over there to
update....

Salut!

mhr