[CentOS] OT: C++ Newbie "Hello World" problem SOLVED

Sun Oct 5 22:55:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM,  <vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh no not another n00b. n00bs should probably have to go to boot camp or :-
>>
>> There are some very helpful people in the UK on this list. I am sorry
>> that you have such disdain for newbies. Not all of us were born
>> knowing everything.
>
> I've noticed Lanny's name on posts going back as far as my own
> (rocky-start) membership on this list, and I find it hard to believe
> that he could still be considered a n00b, except, perhaps, by
> comparison to some with 10+ years (or way more) with computers, Linux,
> CentOS, etc.
>
> Then there are some whose names are not even in the archives yet....

Vandaman just began posting in this mailing list and he is already
Chief of the Mailing List Police? I certainly consider myself a newbie
with regards to Linux and trying to get my head around C++ (OOP) is
not easy, because I began with Assembly Language, Machine Language and
Fortran. Using Linux at home, as I do, is not the same as using it at
work 40-80 hours a week, as a bunch of the wonderful people on this
mailing list do.