[CentOS] [SOLVED] Installing a new VM on a xen box.

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Oct 9 16:09:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, October 9, 2008 10:31, James B. Byrne wrote:

> In the meantime, since the link given in the VMM GUI help file for the
> example installation tree is defunct can some kind soul point me to a
> resource that describes how to build sucha thing from a CentOS-5.2 distro
> dvd?

From:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Installation Guide
28.9. Making the Installation Tree Available

The kickstart installation must access an installation tree. An
installation tree is a copy of the binary Red Hat Enterprise Linux CD-ROMs
with the same directory structure.

So:
# cd /path/to/vm/os/install_tree
# cp -pr /media/CentOS_5.2_Final ./

Thereafter the Install Media URL becomes:
/path/to/vm/os/install_tree/CentOS_5.2_Final

Canada  L8E 3C3