[CentOS] Video driver questions

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Oct 10 13:04:35 UTC 2008

John wrote:
> JohnStanley Writes:
>
> Didn't you say in another thread you had another OQO just like the one with
> the video problems? If so try to copy the xorg.config file from the working
> one to the one with the problems. Reboot after copying. Do lspci -v to make
> sure both cards are of the same chipset family.
I have 4 OQOs for my test bed. Centos on 2 so far. One is working with
HIP already, the other I am working on improving how it is to use Centos
with. One is still running default XP, so I have a 'baseline'. The other
still in the box.

Neither Centos build has video working beyond 640x480 (or 800x480,
whatever it is). Want 1024x768 working.

Fixing the video is important. When I am testing HIP, I can't be remote
consoleing in (where I get the resolution of the remote I am running
vncviewer on), because: I am testing with IPv6 only (and vnc is broken
with IPv6) and I do not want 'spurious" connections dirtying up my
tcpdumps. So the systems are connected to my KVM.