[CentOS] new list proposal

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:20:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> And to better cater to these conversations, as well as further encourage
> such content, we'd like to propose creating a 'centos-tech' list.

There are probably as many (or more) threads that drift off topic as
there are those that start out that way and are labeled as such. I
don't think a new list is really going to help create the separation
you seek. In fact, introducing a second list will probably generate
many conversations on each list that really belong on the other.

I have no trouble navigating the list as is (with gmail) and adding a
new list would just mean another subscription to manage. If I
subscribed, I would probably give the new list the same label, so it
would all be the same to me.

I favor one-stop shopping.

My $0.02

--