OT: [CentOS] new list proposal

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 16 20:01:04 UTC 2008

James B. Byrne wrote:

<snip>

> I too, see little problem with the current signal to noise ratio.
> Compared to some tech lists I subscribe too this one is pretty much always
> on the topic of some aspect of using CentOS effective and efficiently.

<snip>

I agree.  There are times when stuff that obviously has no place on this
list appears but in almost every case it is gone within a short time if
allowed to die a natural death.  It seems to me that the most
irritating, least useful content is usually threads like this one,
started in an effort to overhaul something that only needs a tuneup.

Perhaps a periodic broadcast of succinctly stated policies on acceptable
topics, prior research, lucidity of questions, etc., ending with a
suggestion that the OT stuff be silently ignored *on-list* would be
enough to restore this list to showcase it once was.