[CentOS] DHCP static hosts and subnet configuration

John jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:32:50 UTC 2008

The two subnets are not physically connected but a Client should be
able to connect to Subnet A or to Subnet B as well.

JohnStanley Writes:
This is what is confusing. If there *NOT* Physically Connected you will
never CONNECT to them. Hope you can calculate SNs ans SNMs. You can add as
many Nested code blocks you need for Subnets. My advice for you is to use
the 10.x.x.x range of addys to give you more subnets to work with. So give
this a go.

option domain-name "YOU.com";
option domain-name-servers ","
option subnet-mask; # Global Subnet mask
default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

# Here is Subnet number 1.
subnet netmask { # Subnet for first 13 devices,
10 of which are servers, 3 printers
 range;  # Range of IP's for our printers only.
 option subnet-mask;
 option broadcast-address; # This is the subnets broadcast
 option routers; # The gateway of this subnet.
 option time-servers; # Gateway is running a timeserver.
 option ntp-servers; # Gateway running a timeserver.

# Here is Subnet number 2.
subnet netmask { # Subnet for 29 computers
 option subnet-mask;
 option broadcast-address;
 option routers;
group {
 host server1 { # the first fixed server for subnet
  server-name server1;
  hardware ethernet  0a:23:f2:56:33:x0;
 host server2 {
  server-name server2;