[CentOS] DHCP static hosts and subnet configuration

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:51:15 UTC 2008

 single server and let that be it. On every change you make back it up
> a change to it. Get one laptop and don't use any WiFi Security on itand
> out the keys defined for it in in the dhcp file. You should not need a
> declaration for the laptop if your wantting to get an assigned addy from
> range

That's what I thought, too. But it does not work if there is a host
declaration for that MAC in another subnet. Maybe it's just a silly
JohnStanley Writes:
If there is a host declaration for it in another subnet then I don't think
it will work. Ultimately try a host declaration in both Scopes you have