[CentOS] Slow NFS writes

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Mon Oct 20 17:21:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 at 11:21pm, Craig White wrote

> Server, CentOS 5.2 and updated earlier today, just installed a week ago.
>
> Client, Macintosh G4, OS X 10.4.11
*snip*
> Copy To     Win2K       AFP         SMB       NFS
>          1m40.053s   0m22.566s  0m23.817s  2m11.849s
>
> Copy From   Win2K       AFP         SMB       NFS
> 	1m34.478s   0m20.709s  0m20.823s  0m23.487s

Do you have any Linux clients to test with?  That way you could determine
whether the problem is on the server or the client side.  ISTR hearing bad
things about Apple's NFS implementation (shocking, I know).  You also want
to test with larger files (at least 2x RAM of the server or client,
whichever is larger) to make sure you're not just seeing cache effects.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin