[CentOS] Help with a sun cobalt with sendmail and centos with postfix

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:56:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:22 PM, mouss <mouss at netoyen.net> wrote:
> Erick Perez a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I have a customer with a sun cobalt running Sendmail 8.10.2/8.10.2 and
>> we are phasing out the sun cube due to some limitations. So we have
>> installed a new centos 5.x server.
>> the format of our current emails are username at domain.com and the new
>> format will be name.lastname at domain.com. We have 1600 accounts.
>>
>> Both server are in the LAN.
>>
>> The MX record that the world sees, point to our current AV/AntiSpam
>> appliance, then our AV appliance forwards to the mail server (its a
>> trendmicro IMSS)
>> The AV appliance lets me define rules that emails for
>> username at domain.com should be sent to the mailserver with the cube,
>> and it also let me define a rule for name.lastname at domain.com to be
>> sent to the centos machine, so I have covered the "from internet"
>> inbound email issue.
>> going out to the internet, both servers can send emails perfectly.
>>
>> However,
>> Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
>> guidance as to how to
>> 1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
>> name.lastname at domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
>> Centos machine.
>> 2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username at domain.com, make
>> the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.
>>

> for the postfix side, use transport_maps:
>
> username at domain.com     relay:[remote.host.example]
> (use the brakets to avoid MX lookups).
>

>> Due to internal regulations i must say that:
>> 1- users cannot be moved all at once.
>> 2- centos machine must use postfix - not sendmail. I can however,
>> install sendmail on centos and make it listen in another port other
>> than 25 if some solution arises that needs sendmail in both sides.
>>
>> Anyways, any guidance as to how to solve this mess is welcomed!!!!
>>
>> Thanks,

i read about transport maps in postfix, just tried and worked perfectly. thanks,
now i have to figure the sendmail part (i think virtusertable)

Do you know how to make the sendmail part?

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780