[CentOS] cpan2rpm

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 23:34:19 UTC 2008

This is a bit off-topic, but:

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> When you use --no-depchk with this tool, does this actually turn off the dependency
> check in the final rpm as well? Reading docs about this I am not sure and I just installed
> an rpm that I know I am missing the deps for and built with this switch and it installed fine?

I'm not exactly an expert with cpan2rpm, but I believe that it's not
precisely the case that the final RPM has the dependency checks turned
off, but rather that the final RPM does not list any of the missing
packages as dependencies at all -- so the check happens, but there's
nothing for it to look for.

cpan2rpm is getting relatively old, compared to some of the newer
things that can be done with the CPAN and RPM build procedures.  The
latest version isn't available on its sourceforge site and the
arix.net FTP link requires a login.  I guess you can get cpan2rpm from
cpan.org.

Anyone care to offer opinions on
  cpan2dist --format=CPANPLUS::Dist::RPM ...
??