[CentOS] 'severe errors' listed in nightly logwatch emails

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Tue Oct 28 19:28:10 UTC 2008

HI folks,

If this is the wrong forum for this question, please let me know (with a
gentle pointer to the right place)...TIA for that.

I've started to receive some 'Severe Errors' in my nightly logwatch
As the system had been initially misconfigured for logwatch emails, I've
only recently begun to receive them, so I'm not entirely sure when this
started. (long story)

Lets start with the basics of the machine:

# uname -a
Linux generic.example.com 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 5 07:41:53
EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# rpm -qa|grep release

As the output was verbose, I posted it on pastebin.

If anyone has any information or suggestions here, I'd be greatly