[CentOS] Re: setting timezone from kickstart

Wed Oct 1 23:35:24 UTC 2008
NiftyClusters T Mitchell <niftycluster at niftyegg.com>

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

>> >/I used to do manual installs so I would set the timezone each time.
>> />/I have now migrated to kickstart and I wish to use a command line (at
>> />/boot) parameter
>> />/to set the needed timezone.
>> /
>> What's wrong with the KS Timezone command? Why do it via cmdline or w/
>> symbolic
>> links??
>>

> On first thought I didnt want to have X different KS files for setting the
> timezone... however, I can use the command
> line method I was thinking about... then use the %pre section to make use of
> the KS timezone
> command.
>
> Thanks - I just wasnt thinking straight yet this morning.

If you have lots of KS files you can use %include

   %include mysite-standard-stuff.ks

In that file add standard stuff like:

    timezone US/Los_Angeles
    lang en_US.UTF-8
    keyboard us
    auth --useshadow --enablemd5
    selinux --enforcing

Keep it simple.....
There is a tool to flatten KS files out there that can be of help
(used it once).
Use a revision control system for your KS files too.

--
        NiftyCluster
        T o m   M i t c h e l l