[CentOS] Installing a new VM on a xen box.

Thu Oct 9 13:47:13 UTC 2008
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

HW = HPQ DC7700 DuoCore 1.8GHz, 4 x 2GB RAM, 1 x 1TB SATA (AHCI)
OS = CentOS-5.2 ix_64 (xen)

I am experimenting with Xen and with virtual machines in general for the
first time.  In consequence I have many questions.  However, the one that
I wish answered at the moment is simple:

Given a DVD containing the CentOS-5.2_Final (i386) distribution mounted at
/media/CentOS_5.2_Final on Dom0, what argument do I pass to the "Install
Media URL" argument of the "Create a new virtual system" wizard" to
install the 32 bit version of CentOS-5.2 onto a vm called test-1?

I have tried things like:

/media/CentOS_5.2_Final
/media/CentOS_5.2_Final/images
/media/CentOS_5.2_Final/images/diskboot.img
etc.

All attempts produce the same negative result.  What URL is used to load
the 32 bit OS from the dvd?

I am a digest subscriber so the favour of a direct copy of any reply to
the list is appreciated.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3