[CentOS] What keeps logging to my console?

Fri Oct 17 10:13:50 UTC 2008
Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>

Hi folks,

I have lots of messages like these appearing on my local CentOS 5.2
consoles:
> Oct 17 12:03:29 machine kernel: printk: 1 messages suppressed.
> Oct 17 12:03:29 machine kernel: pbond0: received packet with  own address
as source address

I have disabled console logging in syslog.conf, and even if I shut down
syslog and kernel logger, the messages keep coming on the local consoles
(not on remote consoles).

So the question is: What process logs directly to the console bypassing
syslog/kernel log facilities? How can I find where to stop that?

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk