[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Fri Oct 3 14:23:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

Griesbach, Lutz wrote:
> Hy there,
>
> i have a centos (4.?) Box  with nightly yum update enabled. Last night, it did an upgrade to 4.7 leading to several problem i.e. not respawning the dhcrelay, which is needed on this box.

ok, so there is something I dont understand here. You have yum nightly
update enabled, but your machine only updated yesterday from
4.<something> to the latest in 4.7 ? What mirrors are you using that are
so far adrift of the main mirror.centos.org ?

> Can I control the update policy not to upgrade to new releases in the nightly updates? I would like do to nightly updates, but make release upgrades manual (I get a new kernel, so I have to reboot anyway).

The real problem I see here is that updates within a release are not
supposed to break things. So, what you really need to do is workout what
apps broke and why, then I'd request you to file bug reports against
those packages at http://bugs.centos.org/