[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Fri Oct 3 22:32:44 UTC 2008

John wrote:
> If the OS contains ONLY CentOs Bits then it should not Break.

I dont see how this is relevant to this thread, the *only* bit of real
info passed down from the OP is dhcrelay, which comes from the dhcp
suite, and I am unaware of anyone shipping a different dhcp suite.

> Also I do fully understand what you mean by saying updates in the
> release are not supposed to break things but it happens all to often.

And I hope you are being a good community member and submitting bug
reports so something can be done about that...

> Only way I know of now to stop that is to use the yum excludes.

err ? yum exclude=* ? yes, thats one way to stop updates. Or do you mean
to imply exclude the software you are using on the machine ? which, to
me, is silly - since arent those the bits of software you *really* do
want bugfix / security fix/ updates for, since they are in production
and therefore pose the largest targest.