[CentOS] mysqld breaks yum, help?

Mon Oct 6 09:31:15 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Dac Chartrand wrote on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:44:10 -0400:

> Well, here's where I disagree

You already admitted that you have a non-standard setup. Besides of that
it's a "VPS" of unknown origin and type. Do you consider this standard?
Nobody here can know which parts are non-standard. But it's obvious that
there is more non-standard than you think. Remember, others do not have
this problem.

What's non standard in my install other
> than PHP? Furthermore, uninstalling PHP does nothing?

I already told you what *I* would check *first*. This may not be the right
track, but nevertheless: Did you?

Apart from that, as you have "inherited" a VPS. What is that? Do you rent
it from a hosting provider? If so, and keeping in mind that there's
obviously a problem with opening more threads (fastestmirror will open
simultaneous download threads to several repo's to find out the fastest):
Have you considered asking your provider the obvious?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany