[CentOS] mysqld breaks yum, help?

Tue Oct 7 01:22:02 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 22:10, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
<snip>
> And I don't agree with you that using 3rd party repositories is not
> advisable. Many 3rd party repositories have very high quality
> standards and many useful packages. Not using them means a lot more
> work in packaging and updating that others will do for you if you use
> them.
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

Probably the majority of the people in this mailing list use one or
more 3rd party repositories. After you read the above, please read
this one too:
http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
yum-priorities can help you prevent your box from being hosed. Please use it.