[CentOS] NameVirtualHost and CGI Problems

Fri Oct 10 15:29:58 UTC 2008
mouss <mouss at netoyen.net>

Michael Peterson a écrit :
>> Michael Peterson wrote on Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:09:54 -0500:
>>

>>> You need to remove the :80 in the VirtualHost declarations that contains
>>> Servername entries.

No, the ':80' is ok.
>> No, that's perfectly ok and recommended. His problem was that he was using
>> a virtual host without a ServerName directive.
>>
> I run a Virtual Host entry without a ServerName directive and have been
> through several releases of CentOS and Apache and all works fine for me.

Are you talking about IP based or name based virtual hosts (single IP,
multiple vhosts)?

if using name based vhosts, Apache needs to know which config to server
for which vhost. In the case of multiple names for a single IP,
Servername is here for that.