[CentOS] NameVirtualHost and CGI Problems

Sun Oct 12 14:31:27 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Michael Peterson wrote on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:03:13 -0500 (CDT):

> I run a Virtual Host entry without a ServerName directive and have been
> through several releases of CentOS and Apache and all works fine for me.

You can do that, it depends on your configuration. A standard name-based
virtual host configuration will not work without a ServerName directive,
because it's that directive (and the ServerAlias ones) that has to match
what the client sends as Host header.
Have a look at the documentation instead of guessing ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany