[CentOS] OT: is parted reliable?

Wed Oct 15 18:56:49 UTC 2008
Bob Taylor <bob8221 at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 12:06 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> A bit of common sense comes in handy. Talking about something that the
> developers of a component need to weight in on is definitely best suited
> to the upstream lists for the component. If you hit specific issues with
> the implementation on CentOS, thats different.

Hm. CentOS is a renamed, compiled from source, of the Red Hat sources
with a CentOS logo inserted at appropriate places plus, perhaps other
changes as required. Having said that and your comment above seems to
leave *very* little to discuss on this list. Since *any* Linux based
distribution includes hundreds of packages, it is my very humble opinion
that this list is the starting place for, especially the very new people
or those with little time to *really* learn the administration of an
operating system such as CentOS. I would would expect the maintainers of
this list to understand this.

I have been running Red Hat since I purchased Linux Unleashed, First
Edition, Copyright 1995 with one CD that contained three complete
distributions with sources. Look at the expansion of the base
distribution now. Personally, I'm *way* behind!

> Random drive by surveys, and request for comments on a blog posts etc
> are definitely a waste of time for *this* list.

Of course this crap should *not* be tolerated, including spam.
Enough soap box from me.

Bob
--
Bob Taylor