[CentOS] Re: Problem selecting installation drive : 5.2

Fri Oct 24 22:41:07 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 10-24-2008 7:25 AM Alex H. Vandenham spake the following:
> When doing the 5.2 installation the ONLY drive option provided is
>
> mapper/nvidia_cbjcdhfe (250G)
>
> My system has 2 SATA - 250G drives and I  want to use them in a RAID/LVM
> configuration.
>
> My question:
>
> How do I get the installer to let me use DiskDruid to create RAID1 arrays and
> then use LVM for the mount points?
>
> What I've done so far:
>
> I've verified that both drives are recognized by going to the shell screen and
> using fdisk to access both /dev/sda and /dev/sdb - so I know they are both
> available.
>
> I've also tried using the Centos 4.7 installer where I can do exactly what I
> want.
>
> I've accepted the default and after a full install of 5.2 there is no raid and
> total space is 250G.
>
> I've looked at the various deployment guides and installation guides but can't
> find how to do this . . . .
>
> puzzled
>
> Alex
> ===

The default install doesn't do a software raid, and if you are trying to use
an Nvidia onboard raid controller as a raid device in linux, you are probably
out of luck.

To do software raid  with LVM over it, you have to do it all manually. First
creating the raid devices, and then adding the resulting md devices as LVM
partitions.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and