[CentOS] Re: Replacement for Intel SDS2 Motherboard

Tue Oct 21 19:16:07 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

John Plemons wrote:
> What case form factor are you looking for, I may have a new IBM under
> warranty that I can sell to you for what you are looking to spend...
>
> All Xeons

he's got 3 raid cards in his current server.

1 x 3Ware 7006-2  - PCI 32bit 66MHz (probably fits in a PCI-X slow?) - 2 x ATA/133
2 x 3Ware 7506-4LP - PCI 64bit 66Mhz (PCI-X?) - 4 x ATA 133

which he says he needs to keep.

so this implies he has up to 10 IDE drives in this system.  few if any newer server cases would support this sort of storage configuration.  It also implies he needs 3 x PCI-X slots, most newer servers have gone to PCI-Express X4 or X8 slots for these purposes.