[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:10:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 3.1.1,  IIRC
Nope, 3.11.

> I did.  It was better than 95, and better than 98 first edition.
I was making a joke about WfW screaming.

> USB drives should work without any problem at all, assuming he is using 98SE.
No, the newer generation drives, mostly 1GB and up, explicitly do not
have drivers for 98SE at all.  In theory, one could tweak a
pre-existing driver to handle the extra memory, but in fact, a
Kingston 1GB drive will not work with 98SE.  That's the beauty of

> They didn't work in 98 first edition, nor in NT4 or Win2000 - again, from
> memory, which could be faulty.
 In Win2k, Micro$oft finally got up to speed and most flash drives
will work with it, but XP is better.