[CentOS] kickstart problems

Wed Sep 3 14:52:02 UTC 2008

hi,

we had the same problem with newer HP pcs and servers (broadcom nics).
pxe works well on broadcom, the install not. doesn't matter if you're
using kickstart or manual install.

the problem was in centos 4.2. after updating the install environment to
4.5 the problem was gone... so it was a driver issue! the install kernel
is not exactly the normal linux kernel i think.

if anaconda just says that it cannot find install image, etc. the system
has no connectivity at this time.

hope this is helpful...

bests
 marco