[CentOS] Probably a bad set-up but which one?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Sep 30 02:32:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 09:29:06PM -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:01 AM, tech <tech at laamail.com> wrote:
> > I am having a problem that I assume is a set-up problem but I don't know
> > which area to look at to fix it. Hopefully someone here can point me in the
> > right direction.
> >
> > I can't get the simple Perl "Hello World" script to work.
>
> I can't get the "Hello World" program in the C++ book I began reading
> to work. Seems to compile without errors, but nothing on my CRT.  Will
> try it again and start a thread here...   :-)

Let me guess...

you named it "test", right? Then when you run "test" "nothing" happens?

two things:
1. there's already a program named test, which displays no output,
it merely has an exit status.
2. for a program in your current directory, run it with a preceding "./",
e.g., "./test"--because "." is not in the path (and shouldn't be).

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.