[CentOS] swap memory crash

Thu Sep 4 18:47:22 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

John R Pierce wrote:

> and, for that matter, someone running Oracle in production should have
> an Oracle support contract, and should work through them.

Yeah both right, didn't even think about that.. I'd be pretty
scared to run an Oracle DB with a newbie system admin. Not
knowing what sort of data is in the DB, if it's even a little
important I'd strongly suggest the OP getting someone more
experienced to manage the system, Not knowing where the OP
is I recommend Blue Gecko, a U.S. Oracle/Linux consulting shop
based out of Seattle, used them for Oracle DBs I had at my
last company.

http://www.bluegecko.net/

Oracle is a big complex beast, really powerful, and a real
good product if you use it right. When I first started using
it I really didn't like it and wanted to get rid of it, but
it's grown on me a lot over the years and I've gained a lot
of respect for it as a product and the technologies behind
it. And while Enterprise edition is really expensive, Standard
edition is dirt cheap by comparison and still very capable.

nate