[CentOS] OT: Migration from Evolution to Thunderbird (Thunderbird mbox files)

Fri Sep 5 17:34:42 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> Lanny Marcus ha scritto:
>> I now have the mbox files on my hard drive. I think that is the default
>> with Evolution.  I assume google backs up their gmail servers, but
>> having a local copy, my own backup, is a plus.
>>
> Lanny, if you are concerned about data loss, you could install a local imap
> server (over wich you'll can do all the backups that you like) and keep it in
> sync with google with imapsync (rpmforge repository).
> Looks simple and straightforward to do:
>
> http://nivox.blogspot.com/2008/02/gmail-imap-backup.html
>
> Hope this helps.

Lorenzo: Thank you for the above. I will read up on that. I'm sure
google backs up their gmail servers, but, having a local backup seems
like a good idea to me. So far, Thunderbird seems to be very stable and
is running without any issues. That's not the case with Evolution. Lanny