[CentOS] OT: Migration from Evolution to Thunderbird (Thunderbird mbox files)

Sat Sep 6 02:38:19 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
<snip>
> Lanny, if you are concerned about data loss, you could install a local imap
> server (over wich you'll can do all the backups that you like) and keep it in
> sync with google with imapsync (rpmforge repository).
> Looks simple and straightforward to do:
>
> http://nivox.blogspot.com/2008/02/gmail-imap-backup.html

I just discovered that the mbox files are *not* the problem! Exporting
my Address book from Evolution is not intuitively obvious. I found a web
page from May 2006, that says:
"Export the evolution address book with the evolution-addressbook-export
utility in csv format" and it said to use this command:
/usr/lib/evolution/2.X/evolution-addressbook-export --format=csv >
contacts.csv
but I cannot find evolution-addressbook-export there.
I have been using Evolution for years, because Upstream defaults to it,
but YUK..... I am moving to Thunderbird and I am not going to look back.
I will keep searching, for a hopefully simple way to Export my contacts
from Evolution, so I can Import them into Thunderbird.....     :-)