[CentOS] cfengine and crontab

Thu Sep 11 19:55:02 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Ric Moore wrote:
> The docs to installing cfengine refers to /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
> That doesn't exist. Nor does /etc/crontab. Heck I remember that from the
> "old days", now there are lots of cron entries, in /etc but no crontab.
> Not installed by default. So, I'm hunting that one down. Nate, what did
> you wind up doing?? Ric

The file that the document is probably referring to is root's crontab
which by default is in /var/spool/cron/root I believe, if the file
isn't there then the root account has no crontab.

But what I assume the docs are talking about is scheduling cfengine
through crontab, something I've never done. I use the cfengine
daemons themselves to do the scheduling(by default once an hour),
just make sure cfexecd, cfenvd and cfservd are running on all systems
and it should be fine.

nate