[CentOS] cfengine and crontab

Thu Sep 11 20:22:37 UTC 2008
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 12:55 -0700, nate wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > The docs to installing cfengine refers to /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
> > That doesn't exist. Nor does /etc/crontab. Heck I remember that from the
> > "old days", now there are lots of cron entries, in /etc but no crontab.
> > Not installed by default. So, I'm hunting that one down. Nate, what did
> > you wind up doing?? Ric
>
> The file that the document is probably referring to is root's crontab
> which by default is in /var/spool/cron/root I believe, if the file
> isn't there then the root account has no crontab.
>
> But what I assume the docs are talking about is scheduling cfengine
> through crontab, something I've never done. I use the cfengine
> daemons themselves to do the scheduling(by default once an hour),
> just make sure cfexecd, cfenvd and cfservd are running on all systems
> and it should be fine.

Thanks Nate. I'm googling for simple setups, found one that was SuSe
oriented, another that is written for CentOS. The latter one being
better. I'm still getting the "Deer in the headlights" syndrome, I'm not
getting this:
$ cd ~/src
  $ mkdir admin
  $ chdir admin
  $ mkdir info build cfengine
  $ <create a svn repo for your cfengine configurations>
  $ svn import -m "Initial import" . <newly created svn repo URL>/trunk

I tried svn import -m "Initial import" . and that last bit stumps me about <newly ...
Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339