[CentOS] Replacing my Scalix mail server

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Apr 1 04:40:56 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 23:57 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Craig White wrote:

>>> ----
>>> http://grammar.about.com/od/alightersideofwriting/a/mootmutegloss.htm
>>>
>> I am dyslexic. This is a trivial malaprop compared to many I have dropped.
>>
>> My dear wife has suffered much with this....
>>
>> But read "The Gift of Dyslexia" by Ron Burns. I think quite visually and
>> 3 dimensionally; part of the reason I am in protocol design. I see
>> networks and packets flashing around in my mind. Then comes the struggle
>> to convert those images into words.
>>
> ----
> sorry...don't mean to pick on you and my brother is dyslexic so I get
> it. I never pick on people's spelling.
>
> I didn't relate the wrong usage of mute/moot to dyslexia and have a
> particular sensitivity to the number of people who use the fairly
> similar sounding words wrongly (and many do).

If you read Burn's book, you learn there are many flavors of Dyslexia.
He even groups Dysgraphia in. My challenge is at the word level, not the
letter level. I do word substitution when reading and writing. What is
scary is when the substitution almost makes sense, but on inspection is
obviously wrong. I have made some really phenomenal bloopers when
speaking to large audiences and have been called on them and laughed
along with my audience...

Grammer check is my VERY good friend....