[CentOS] Torrent tracker for CentOS v5.3 working properly?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Apr 1 09:22:46 UTC 2009

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Checked the tracker in my torrent-client, and it's the
> same as yours. Seems I have a possible firewall-issue on my hands here.
> OTOH, it's weird, as the one torrent works fine. Strange...
>
> Anyway, I've contacted the university-wide helpdesk for a possible solution.

Torrent clients perform best if they can use a port which is reachable
from outside.  it can be any port whatsoever, as the port your client is
using is announced via the trackers.

some torrent clients seem to require a different port for each torrent,
while others can handle multiple torrents concurrently with a single
port.  my favorite client is the MS Windows only uTorrent, 2nd favorite
is the portable java based Azureus.