[CentOS] [OT] Godaddy hell...

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Fri Apr 3 22:14:04 UTC 2009

Good review criteria, I like it. There is not an service credit on the planet
that would make things right, but there is insurance and the insurance rates
factor in what does the provider promise / provide / history....

> If you want that line to be between your code and whatever
> language/framework you wrote your app in, you need to get
> specialized hosting for that language/app.
>
> You are probably going to pay more for this than for more
> 'generic' hosting or even than for VPS hosting, but if you
> aren't good at or don't like being a SysAdmin, well, it's
> probably worth it.

As it is not justifiable to have a dedicated sysadmin for one box, when you can
pay for a shared sysadmin.

For what my client would need, I coud admin the box very well, but I would have
to bill him for it.

> Personally, I think you should ask on a mailing list for
> whatever your webapp is written in.  I know there are several
> hosting companies who specialize in doing what you want for
> ruby on rails, and thousands who
> specialize in doing this for PHP.

As such, "the web designer" has chimed in as said, you would not have these
problems if you let me put this in my black box. We shall see what debacles come
up next.

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -