[CentOS] Update Issue

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Apr 4 04:59:28 UTC 2009

John Hinton wrote:

> Error Downloading Packages:
>   kernel - 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686: failure:
> RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No
> more mirrors to try.
>
> Is this just me? I've tried at different times from different machines
> and it seems that all other files are being downloaded just fine.

Have you checked the sites to see if it is there by hand?

Just by coincidence I was checking out for some NFS fixes and
downloaded that exact kernel from mirrors.kernel.org earlier today
for testing, so that mirror should have it..unless they deleted
it for some reason.

I didn't use yum, just got that one package to install on a CentOS
5.2 system for testing, turns out didn't fix my problem so ..

http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm

nate