[CentOS] Update Issue

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Apr 4 05:42:08 UTC 2009

nate wrote:
> John Hinton wrote:
>
>> Error Downloading Packages:
>>   kernel - 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686: failure:
>> RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No
>> more mirrors to try.
>>
>> Is this just me? I've tried at different times from different machines
>> and it seems that all other files are being downloaded just fine.
>
> Have you checked the sites to see if it is there by hand?
>
> Just by coincidence I was checking out for some NFS fixes and
> downloaded that exact kernel from mirrors.kernel.org earlier today
> for testing, so that mirror should have it..unless they deleted
> it for some reason.

I use rsync to locally mirror centos updates from mirrors.kernel.org and
that kernel came in yesterday's rsync (at 5PM Pacific).

Today's rsync failed (I've been running my rsync in cron since 5.1 - the
script is good) so mirrors.kernel.org may be experiencing some temporary
issues, but yes, they definitely have it.