[CentOS] Lost Acroread and flash plugin

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 13 16:34:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 08:38 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> German Pulido wrote:
> > On Sunday 12 April 2009 10:03:30 pm Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >
> >> Since the upgrade to AdobeReader_enu-9.1.0-1.i486.rpm and
> >> flash-plugin-, I have lost these in firefox.
> >> And Adobe Reader is not even on my Gnome Applications panel, I have to
> >> run it from a terminal window.
> >>
> >> Perhaps this has been covered, but how do I get these back?
> >>

> > Have you tried uninstalling the RPMs and reinstalling them?
> Well that did work. It still seems strange to unistall then reinstall. I
> tend to look for other things first....
It's a Windows thing - sort of like expecting a reboot to fix things.

There was a version or two of Adobe Reader that didn't create the
launchers in the 'desktop' menus - that seems to be the case with me
right now (Fedora) as a matter of fact but I'm not all that stressed
about it because I usually open Adobe Reader by clicking a PDF file
anyway. It does seem as though they're finally starting to fix the
erratic memory issues of Adobe Reader plugin running inside Firefox.

believed to be clean.