[CentOS] Dual-boot with WinXP, CentOS already installed

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Apr 17 18:20:16 UTC 2009

Robert Heller wrote on Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:21:01 -0400:

> If MS-Windows can't install itself on the first drive (as seen by the
> BIOS eg /dev/hda(1) or /dev/sda(1)), it won't install.

I think it can install the system to the other drive, but it will want to
write the bootloader on the first drive. Which makes sense.

*MS-Windows*
> (AFAIK) simply won't install itself anyplace but C: (at least for the
> core system).

You confuse that. Windows will name the system partition as C:, but that
doesn't mean you can install it only on the first partition. If you have
four primary partitions you can install four versions of Windows.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany